The VANDAL Guitar & Bass Software is currently bundled exclusively with Magix Samplitude 11 Pro & Sequoia 11, which were released in Germany a couple of days ago. International versions of these products will appear in late summer / early autumn (TBA).
A seperate/standalone product release is being evaluated at the moment. At this time, we can’t precisely say when or whether it’s VST, AU, or both, a boxed product or download-only. But we’ll let you know ASAP. As this blog is development-only, decisions are up to teams other than ours.
In the meantime, we continue developing the software further. We’ve recently refined the amp & cabinet parts, tweaked the stomps and fx, and we’ve also concentrated on gathering presets and templates (the latter serving as a starting point for new amp & cab endeavours on the users’ side).
Here’s how VANDAL sounds in its current state (courtesy of Dimi Nalbantov):
Small snippets of audio fed through various parts of the plugin:
- Small Cass-A Combo + 1×12 Vintage
- Small Brit Combo, Crunch Channel, 2×12 Vintage
- Small Brit Combo, Lead Channel, 2×12 Vintage
- Modern HighGain+4×12, stereo miking (real-time movement of the virtual mics)
- Modern HighGain+4×12, distance miking (turning the ‘distance’ knob on the CabSim in real-time)
Some of the stomps:
- Clean Amp, no stomp
- La Crema Overdrive in front of Clean Amp
- Halvar Preamp/Overdrive + Amp
- Hellfire Distortion + Amp
- Fuzz + Amp
- Guitar Amp in ‘classic’ preamp mode + Chorus stomp
- Chorus more extreme
- PhaseShifter/Tremolo: Phaser 70%, Tremolo 0%
- PhaseShifter/Tremolo: Phaser 0%, Tremolo 70%
- PhaseShifter/Tremolo, both dialed-in
Some rack-unit FX (behind the CabSim):